Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 52: SUNDAY!!! And Mossman's Gorge

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know I say that every week but it’s just so true!  The missionaries had led us astray, church started at 9:00, not 10:00 so we’d missed most of Sacrament meeting but Sunday School and Relief Society more than made up for it.  There’s just a rejuvenation that happens as I go and learn more about my Savior and remember the covenants I’ve made with him.  Remembering that I’ve promised to do my best, remembering that it doesn’t matter how much I’ve screwed up in the past week, I can hit reset and try again this week—I just love every part of it! 

Then there’s the inspiration I get when I listen to the lessons that have been prepared.  This week we were studying in Kings and learning about what makes a good leader.  Talking about Solomon’s son and how he chose to lead led me to think about what kind of a leader I am.  Sadly, I’m more like Rhoboam (sp) than like Solomon.  I had quite a bit of good insights and am going to put into practice in my parenting style.

Then in Relief Society I met an incredible lady!  Her name’s Vaiari.  Have you ever met someone and just had an instant connection?  Meeting her was like running into a long lost best friend.  I don’t know why I know it, but she’s just awesome.

If that wasn’t enough, there’s even more that going to church and keeping the Sabbath Day Holy gives me.  It refreshes me!  It gives me a break from the daily crazy that is my life.  It lets me remember what’s most important and put everything else in focus.  It lets me step out of my own mind and try and see from my Heavenly Father’s point of view. 

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

After church we took a walk through the daintree rainforest up to Mossman Gorge.  The kids had a great time playing in the river.

We found a fun spider.


And we ended up walking back in the pitch black.  It was amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment