Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 44: Sick Day



I should have realized what was happening last night when I sent π to the store for Sprite.  It wasn't till after I woke up and took X² fishing that I realized I wasn't feeling well.  His short attention span combined with the wind chilling the 50 (13) degree temperature cut our trip pretty short--for which I was grateful.  In an attempt to help him not feel jipped we drove around a bit.  In a big open field, we found a herd of kangaroos--two of which were fighting.  It was fun to watch!  We hung out for just a bit, stopped at a park next to brown lake to play on the toys for a minute then headed back to the house.


In the hour and a half that we were gone I realized that the fatigue I was felling wasn't just early morning grogginess, but that deep rooted exhaustion of illness.  I got back into bed around 9:30 and I didn't move again until 3:30.  Doesn't make for a fun blog post, but it sure felt good!


The kids didn't mind hanging out, playing in the yard, watching movies and playing games all day while I slept either.  π took X² out for his one on one time and they came back in a blaze of glory!  Screaming for us all to pile in the cars we ran to the main beach to see what all the excitement was about.

The sea was incredible!!  I've always loved the song Master the Tempest is Raging but never have I understood it as much as I did watching the turbulence roaring in front of us then.  Naturally we ran out of the house without the camera--ya can't win 'em all!  I'm the most sad that I didn't have a camera to show the (dead) jellyfish they'd found!  It wasn't much bigger than a softball with tentacles, but it was so cool!!  And it really did feel just like jello!  So neat!

Just goes to show that every day is an adventure when you're in Australia, even on a sick day!



OH!  And after my post last night ∞ ate the incredible shrimp alfredo π made for a late supper and she wanted her parents to see that she ate prawns and liked it!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! It's easy to like Papi's cooking ;) I'm soooo proud of you for trying new things Jaecy!!

    ReplyDelete