Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 63: Goodbye

My whole life I have dreamt of having a big family with Aunts and Uncles and Cousins.  I used to fall asleep creating scenarios where my cousins and I would get into mischief together or we’d sleep over at their house and I’d hear stories about my Dad when he was little or about my Grandma and Grandpa.  In every situation there was love and laughter and fun.  Never in my imagination did I feel as much love nor as welcome as I felt in real life these last two months.

They may not speak Spanish, but their Mexican heritage runs strong in their character.  They were as open and inviting as any Latina I have ever met.  I cannot sing their praises enough.  It is almost physically painful leaving them there.  I want more time.  More interaction.  I want more late night talks to hear more of their past but mostly just to be with them.  As I'm looking through my pics trying to decide which to put here, I cannot decide.  They're all so beautiful.  




My life is better because I have gotten to know them.  I have been blessed indeed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment