Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 59: SUNDAY!!!

I hate packing day.  Especially when it’s at the end of a week like this.  It has been an amazing week!  We’ve hiked through the daintree rainforest and played in a river (find river name!)  We saw the oldest captive crocodile and fed cassowaries and held snakes, we scuba dove and snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef, we learned tons about the indigenous Aboriginal people and surfed through the tops of the oldest trees on earth.  How is that even possible?!?!

And today we got to renew our covenants after two weeks of missing sacrament meeting!  It was so nice to be back in church!  To remember our Savior and to recommit ourselves to living after the manner of happiness.  I love the joy and peace the gospel brings into my life!  And the people!! WOW!!  The Cairns 2nd Branch is one I could easily call home.  After just two weeks of visiting, I felt like one of them.  They were so warm and welcoming and open!!  I am truly going to miss this amazing place!


After church we just packed and packed and packed.  We got to visit with Robin (Cathy's neighbor and dear friend) and her friend Chris and π made some awesome fajitas--all in all it was a great night, but bittersweet knowing we're leaving in the morning. 

I don't want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment