Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 4: Catch up

Since we will be on a plane tonight (HOLY FREAKING COW WE'RE GOING TO BE ON THE PLANE TONIGHT!!) I thought I'd write this morning--this way I meet my goal of writing every day AND (for once) you get a coherent post instead of the exhausted ramblings of a worn out Mama.
I think I've also decided that I probably won't have time to upload pictures from 'the big camera' most days so I'll just upload on Sundays.  Maybe I'll do a 'week in review' through pictures.  Ooh, that sounds good! Let's try it.


Here's our "Before" shot.  We got all the van craziness taken care of then we headed down to Grammy's to pick up the littles.  It was so wonderful for Grammy to take the kids!  I hope to someday be that big of a support and help to my kids and their families when it's my turn to be the Grandma!  Only I hope my grandkids are a little more gentle on my home than my kids are to their Grandma.  (Sorry again about the Garage door!)




We stopped at our house in Beaver and signed a lease with a new tenant.  Oh how I love this little white house! (Well, it's off white now that we put siding on it, but in my mind it'll always be that little white house.)  Man how our family has grown!
 Our first temple was supposed to be St. George, but we got into town too late.  We'll catch that one on our way back into town.  So instead the first was Las Vegas.



 Is it any wonder these two get mistaken for twins?  They're just adorable!

 The kids were amazed at the palm tree/pine tree in the same garden space.  In their minds, pine trees belong in the mountains and palm trees on the beaches.  Having both together just threw them for a loop!

 With the car accident in between Temples, we were very happy to arrive at the Redlands, CA temple.  It's almost an exact replica of the Monticello, UT temple and Ri was especially excited to participate inside.
 I think they were dreading getting back in the van after such a long day so we took LOTS of pictures outside the Redlands Temple.  It was fun and aren't they cute?!




 Our little flag hasn't fared the drive all that well.  It was sure fun watching it wave in the breeze throughout the drive though!  I can't believe this is just the beginning of our trip!  How much fun can one family have?!  It just doesn't seem fair!  We are so blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my, that picture of Jaecy with the palm tree is my fav!

    ReplyDelete