Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 24: Sunday

Oh how I love Sunday! When we got home at midnight last night the little kids were all still awake.  L climbed in our bed sometime shortly after I fell asleep and unplugged my phone so when I woke up this morning it was one hour till church!

Have you ever tried to get ten people to church in 60 minutes? Oh it's big fun!  We walked in right at the end of the opening hymn though so all's well that ends well.


I met a great lady at church named Isabel.  How do we meet Chilean's everywhere we go in the world?  And what is it about Chileans that makes them so incredible?!  I love it! Isabel reminded me so much of Nieves that I felt like I've known her for years.



We went to Colleen's after church and had a BBQ.  Sean did a spit roast with a leg of lamb and a pork roast...oh.  my.  YUM!  It was so good!  I've never had lamb with mint jelly--it was so good!  The kids had a ball running around and playing.  I had another 'through the looking glass' moment sitting at the table.  Cathy was giving Sean a hard time about something or other and a rather serious topic of conversation sprung up and it was just so...normal.  I just couldn't believe I was sitting there, involved in this great conversation.


I know I say it a lot but I just can't believe we're really here.  Yes it's Australia with kangaroos and koalas and blah blah blah but I have family!  I have cousins!  And they're so like me and my siblings.  And they fight and squabble and give each other wet willies and whatever.  But most of all, they love each other.  It's a beautiful thing to see.  It's normal, nothing spectacular, just your average family.  But they're MY family.  The one I always dreamed about having as a kid.  The one I've longed for as long as I can remember.  And they're real.  They're here.  And I get to spend time with them.








Luckiest.  Woman.  EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment